Tronxy X5S-400 and another problem

Country_Bubba
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Tronxy X5S-400, Ender5

Tronxy X5S-400 and another problem

Post by Country_Bubba »

Hi all,
Well, here we are again seeking some ideas. For quite some time, we level the bed and do a print. Then like today after printing yesterday, went to do another print and have to level the bed height again because for some reason the distance between the nozzle and the glass bed becomes nothing! Now I would understand if the distance increased and would blame it on gravity and the bed falling slightly, but the bed goes UP not down.

I thought the problem might be the adjustment screws loosening up but that does not seem to be the problem. I have marked the adjustment knobs with a sharpie and unless they are moving exactly even full rotations, they are not moving at all.
Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Tronxy X5S-400 and another problem

Post by GrueMaster »

Not owning one of these or having seen one in action, it is hard to form any hard conclusions, but gravity may in fact be part of the issue. Is it only one side or is the whole bed level but closer? This might suggest that the print head is moving slightly, or that the Z sensor is slightly loose (or just not sensing properly). Unfortunately, there is not enough information to go on here.
Country_Bubba
Reactions:

Post by Country_Bubba »

GrueMaster,
Its the whole bed that moves and no, the print head is not moving as we recently upgraded the system with a linear rail on the print head gantry to remove that problem. The print head moves in the XY directions and the Bed in the Z. Its a corexy machine.
Double checked the mount for the limit switch and its rock solid. The screw that contacts it is lock nutted so its not going anywhere and it is threaded into the aluminum frame that supports the aluminum bed on 4 orange die springs. There are two Z axis lead screws so it is not a cantilever problem. And its hard to imagine only one side dropping due to gravity.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

I found this video that could explain it more.
Country_Bubba
Reactions:

Post by Country_Bubba »

GrueMaster,
YOU da man, thanks for the link as this explains the problem quite well. The machine shown is the junior sized version of what I have but the same construction. I have been toying with the idea of somehow syncing the Z axis screws but didn't think of this being the cause of my problem. I have watched several of his videos, but had missed that one.
We will be giving his suggestions a try today as it will be an easy fix to make a mount for the endstop and move it over there. Might have to extend the cable, but that is also easy.

Again, appreciate the help.
Country_Bubba
Reactions:

Post by Country_Bubba »

Well, it has been several days and we relocated the end stop. It seems to have resolved the problem more than we hoped for. It seems the bed is level when we home it now. So the whole problem revolved on the left Z axis motor setup. It would appear as per GrueMaster/SgaboLab that desynchronization was the culprit and by getting the endstops "on the same page" the problem was mostly resolved. Sometimes we still have to tweak a bit, but nothing like it was before.
Things are running smooth for now as we are 12 hours into an 18 hour print and its working so far.

Return to “General Large Scale Printer Area”