Eryone Thinker SE

LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Eryone Thinker SE

Post by LePaul »

I was approached by a 3D printing friend to chat with his friend, a Rep from Eryone. They were looking for YouTubers who might be interested in reviewing their new product. I had a short chat with the gent and he offered a $90 discount on this $429 3D printer. I said I would be interested but also warned...I’m pretty blunt and say it like it is. If the printer is great, expect praise. If it’s landfill, prepare to hear about it.

The machine came from Amazon and it’s print volume is what we are all used to, with CR-10 clones. 300 x 300 x 400. It’s got the usual Bowden extruder setup and generic hot end. What really peaked my interest was my friend shared they come with Trinamic 2208 stepper drivers. It should be a pretty silent machine.

Setup was fairly simple. The instructions were a little vague in the details but if this is you second...or in my case...8th printer...you kinda figure it out.

The power supply is separate of the machine, with the controller built into the printer. This setup had me wondering when I saw the photos. But now that it is here and set up, it makes fitting the printer into a smaller spot so easy.

The support forum and Facebook group are super active. Lots of good information on the latter.

I had a rattling fan from the control box area due to the fan being screwed in too tight to the sheet metal shroud. A few little turns, backing it off, silenced it.

The machine has dual z lead screws and the vertical beams have measurements on them. It struck me as not needed at first. But it’s a darn handy way to see if your X gantry is level at a glance!

Another neat perk is near the extruder motor mount, they have a pre wired jack for a BL touch to plug into. I installed one and after figuring out which pins I had to move on my BL Connector, it was super easy to setup.

Like most bargain priced printers, the beds can be less than perfect. I checked and leveled each for the four corners twice. The middle still had quite a dip. The glass bed came with binder clips and these wonderful glass clips. A metal [ shape with a threaded hole at the bottom. It’s so clever I wish more printers had this.

The printer doesn’t seem to have any eccentric nuts for fine tuning. Mine hasn’t needed any. I did have to tighten the belts but I am told they are left slackened to avoid flat spots while sitting/waiting to be sold/shipped.

Print quality is very good. No salmon skin! And the only thing you hear is the whisper of the hot end fan. It’s almost too good to be true.

The SD card provided a lot of data, besides sample gcode. They even include print profiles for Cura and Simplify3D.

I’m still pushing test prints to it but so far, I’m quite impressed.
B1AF0DBB-17DD-4B4C-8A8B-AA3B052AF008.jpeg
CCA82E60-734D-4DA2-A6EB-AFAA4B3FD3BD.jpeg
6ED4C926-BB82-4A79-A8FE-12276391B0DF.jpeg
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Eryone Thinker SE

Post by LePaul »

Here's my first thoughts on it...

Return to “General Large Scale Printer Area”