how to fix this kind of quality issue

Topics pertaining to small/micro 3D Printers!
cla68
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): MOOZ_2, M3D

how to fix this kind of quality issue

Post by cla68 »

Hello. I was a early backer for M3D Micro kickstarter project, some years ago. Now I have to decide if get rid of it or try to improve a bit quality.
I never got a good printing from my M3D Micro. A couple of years ago I bought a Mooz. There is no comparison...Despite both of them a low price printers than there's no way to get a comparable quality from my M3D Micro.
Here attached a picture of same model printed with these two printers.
So, my question is: anyone has experience to suggest some tests, software change (on M3D I have original one, last update available) ot anything else to try? Thanks
75c53724-862e-4271-9060-cf7f51163c49.jpg
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: how to fix this kind of quality issue

Post by GrueMaster »

I bought my son the same printer several years ago when we first got into 3D printing. Some of his prints were good, but then the quality went downhill. One of the biggest issues he had was the belt drive Z axis which started doing exactly what you are seeing. Then his printer decided to embed the print head into the plastic base. After his 2nd warranty replacement printer, he bought a CR-10 and sold his M3D on craigslist. My first printer was the HicTop 3DP-17 (chinese clone of a Prusa). I have since added a Hictop CR-10S (dual Z, better mainboard over the CR-10) to my pool. Both are still going strong.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with yours, but there really isn't much you can do. They are just a really poor quality printer.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Searching the web, found iMe though after reading the articles could not determine how well it worked.
Searched other 3D Printer forums could not find any further information.

Use at own risk.

P.s you could ask the kickstarter project if they have any knowledge about the iMe Firmware.
Or
If they could give you information that could be used to convert to Marlin other than the eeprom.h file in iMe.
cla68
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): MOOZ_2, M3D

Post by cla68 »

Thanks for both answers. I will try to work around Z axis and later also change the firmware. Otherwise I will definitely get rid of my fist printer :roll:

Return to “Micro 3D Printers”