Looking for small 3D-printers

Topics pertaining to small/micro 3D Printers!
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Looking for small 3D-printers

Post by nilrog »

I'm looking for a small (compact) 3d-printer with good quality to use in-house or to bring with me easily.
Think Ultimaker 2 Go as maximum size...and with similar print quality...or better. Preferably DIY, but i'm open to suggestions :)

I know about the Dice, but it is a) Rather expensive to build, b) There are things about that printer that I do not fully like.
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Re: Looking for small 3D-printers

Post by Meduza »

DICE for the win ;) (i have most of the parts myself, just have to find the time to start building)

Most small printers are low-price ones that lack rigidity to get good print quality.

I have built a UMO clone in UM2GO size, lasercut plywwod with a UM2 printhead, that one came out pretty well :-)
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

I know a small printer, at least ready-to-go, is a big compromise as they tend to be cheap.
Making a UM2Go clone has crossed my mind...but with better electronics etc. However, making the frame is a hurdle since I lack precision tools to make a good one. So it's either buying a China frame...or making an aluminium extrusion version.

I hope you find time to assemble the Dice soon...i like it's size...but have some doubts to some of the implementation. So get started and post lots of pictures an photos :)
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Post by Meduza »

I started a DICE project thread here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=877
Richie66
Reactions:

Post by Richie66 »

nilrog wrote: December 27th, 2017, 7:39 am I'm looking for a small (compact) 3d-printer with good quality to use in-house or to bring with me easily.
Think Ultimaker 2 Go as maximum size...and with similar print quality...or better. Preferably DIY, but i'm open to suggestions :)
Paris shuttle
I know about the Dice, but it is a) Rather expensive to build, b) There are things about that printer that I do not fully like.
Thank you for link
susanneadam
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ender 3

Post by susanneadam »

Flashforge Inventor 2 is supposed to be a really good printer.

Return to “Micro 3D Printers”