MAXTEMP BED Error

Creality brand 3D Printers!
ashtonwatts
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa MK3S & Creality CR10 S5

MAXTEMP BED Error

Post by ashtonwatts »

Hi All,

I have a CR10 S5 and i'm having trouble with the bed temp. The bed temp always reads as 236 degrees even when target is set to 0. I have even unplugged everything from the controller so it is not connected to the printer at all and it still thinks the temp is 236. Andy time I try to preheat it, or move any axis is get a MAXTEMP BED error.

I have tried re flashing the firmware with two different versions but to no avail. Is my board dead?
IMG_20191102_195522.jpg
IMG_20191102_195438.jpg
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: MAXTEMP BED Error

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I would measure the hot-end Thermister.
ashtonwatts
Reactions:

Post by ashtonwatts »

Hi

Thanks for the reply but it isn;t plugged in, nothing is plugged into the controller unit except the power lead and it still reads as 236 degrees
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I have posted an example of Open and Shorted temps before here

Your photos shows it thinks you have a low resistance thermister across the bed Thermister connectors pins.
Or
You have chosen the wrong thermister firmware settings.
Or
It could also be a bad pull-up resistor shorted capacitor in the Thermister input circuit.
Or
A any kind of a lower resistant short in this circuit.
ashtonwatts
Reactions:

Post by ashtonwatts »

Hi,

I have removed the board from the control box and unplugged everything except the LCD and power in, I have also connected it to a different power supply to take out as many variables as possible.

I just flashed the firmware using TH3D Unified Firmware Package and it is definitely set as the right board. Still getting the same fault although it now shows 221 instead of 236

The board itself looks okay, do bent or damaged capacitors or pins.

I think it must be a fault with the board.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

We had a board do this recently on a CR-10S 500 at work. We thought it might be a bad thermosistor then the bed temp started reading wrong too.

New board was the only real solution. I was surprised the board had to go but something on it just isn't right.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

I just ran into this last night (~13 hours into a 17 hour print - Doh!). Turns out it was the connector for the termister on the swappable print head. Unfortunately, there was no chance of recovery. Printer died ~4am, all but 5 lines of serial data was lost due to continued buffering from Octoprint. Printer had to reset, plus I had to root cause the issue (test printing). I've only ever recovered from this type of situation once, and that was on a headphone stand. Even then, X & Y were off by enough to make the glitch very noticeable. This time, I am printing 4 cases for a Raspberry Pi 4 cluster. ~1.5 hours per layer for the first ~12-15 layers. Restart.
ronincab
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): cr-10, cr-10s, solidoodle workbench, secret custom

Post by ronincab »

I know I am uber late. I have been struggling with this issue for days, and I signed up just to post this reply.

I tried everything, creality hex, the theduf_r2 firmware, checked all the settings, started commenting out functions related to the max temp_bed, nothing.. I thought I broke my dads 3d printer trying to install a BLTouch, and was about to buy a new board.

Same error after all attempts, as a software dev, I said I didn't do anything, ok, let me just unplug the damn hotbed thermo power and see what happens...

Holy crap the tiny machines boot screen fired up with all my presets, custom machine name and everything...
so I am glad I didn't have to start checking wiring more than that. I am going to put it back together with that power to bed out and see what happens, if not ill plug it back in and see if the LCD boots up to tiny machines logo or not..
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

You have come to the right Forum, we ma quite a few users the have Creality 3D Printers.

When you have a question post your thread we will do our best to help you.

P.S. Welcome to 3D Printing Forum

Return to “Creality Large Scale 3D Printers”