CCTREE 3D Printer Build Surface not working at all (??)

Creality brand 3D Printers!
PNWMaker
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality CR10 S (Dual Z)

CCTREE 3D Printer Build Surface not working at all (??)

Post by PNWMaker »

I wanted to experiment a bit with build surfaces so I bought a set of CCTREE flexible, stick-on build surface plates. I also suspected the stock glass plate that came with my CR10S was warped so I got a pack of mirror plates from a hardware store. (They seem to be dead flat, FWIW.)

I peeled and stuck the flexible build sheet to the mirror tile, taped it firmly to the metal heat bed, and levelled it.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but this stuff might as well be teflon-coated. Nothing sticks to the CCTREE plate, nothing.

I'm using PLA at ~205 degrees with the bed at ~60 to 65 degrees, and nothing sticks. The printer starts laying down lines and as soon as the printhead changes directions it pulls the just-deposited layer loose, then drags it around the print snagging the other layers and ruining the print.

Do I need to run the bed or nozzle temperature up? I've tried a few different temps on the bed and the nozzle and can't see any difference.

I don't get it- what am I doing wrong??
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: CCTREE 3D Printer Build Surface not working at all (??)

Post by Lez0 »

Hi
I use a different type of stick on plate:
www.amazon.es/UEETEK-Superficie-Impresi ... op?ie=UTF8

I clean mine with alcohol if the parts aren't sticking well, don't use acetate as it takes the coating off.
Also check level height with the bed and hotend heated, it does make a difference between hot and cold.

Lez
makerdino
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP 3DP-11

Post by makerdino »

Any chance there's a protective coating that has to be peeled off on the build side?
PNWMaker
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality CR10 S (Dual Z)

Post by PNWMaker »

makerdino wrote: February 18th, 2019, 12:55 pm Any chance there's a protective coating that has to be peeled off on the build side?
Not that I can see. That was one of the first things I thought of, but it doesn't appear to have anything on it. The surface is a very fine-grained rough texture, seems like it should be ideal. But it's as if it has an anti-stick coating on it. I had much better results with plain old masking tape.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I could not get PLA / ABS to stick to my first print surface. Without using the Vinyl Transfer paper tape on the bed.

Bad Print1.jpg
BuildTak.jpg

Finally tore it up so bad that I replaced it with a Chinese Build surface, Still took nothing would stick.
Until I have cleaned with alcohol over a dozen times and heated to over 100C, Then finally I could get both PLA and ABS to Stick
I was sill using the Vinyl Transfer paper tape on the bed, then decided to try the Chinese Build Surface again and it worked this time.
Have been using the Chinese Build surface every since.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I haven't used that surface so I can't offer much advice there

My best surface has been these

https://tiny-machines-3d.myshopify.com/ ... d-printers
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

@LePaul

Thank You

I got a Super Deal on the Chinese build surfaces so bought more than enough.

Return to “Creality Large Scale 3D Printers”