[SOLVED] CR10S Marlin Firmware - arvdude vs bossac?

Creality brand 3D Printers!
PNWMaker
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality CR10 S (Dual Z)

Re: [SOLVED] CR10S Marlin Firmware - arvdude vs bossac?

Post by PNWMaker »

LePaul wrote: April 1st, 2019, 9:22 am The INO extension file is what is opened. If you use his batch file, "OpenFirmwareWindows" it will open for you.
I'm running Linux, so I don't think the Windows batch file would work on my PC. Maybe I'll look into this when I have some of the other issues worked out that I'm puzzling over. :)

At this point I have Marlin 1.17 flashed (it might be 1.1.8) and it seems like it's working. Marlin 1.1.9 didn't work- the printer wouldn't even home without throwing an error. I think for now I'll just use Marlin and see how it goes.

I did finally receive my Octoprint kit and I got it ~95% working- I still can't see the webcam stream but it works great for sending jobs to the printer, pausing the print, etc. I'll probably start another topic on the Octoprint issues so these don't get all mixed up.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Start a thread in the Octoprint section, we can probably help you
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

PNWMaker wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 12:53 am At this point I have Marlin 1.17 flashed (it might be 1.1.8) and it seems like it's working. Marlin 1.1.9 didn't work- the printer wouldn't even home without throwing an error. I think for now I'll just use Marlin and see how it goes.

I did finally receive my Octoprint kit and I got it ~95% working- I still can't see the webcam stream but it works great for sending jobs to the printer, pausing the print, etc. I'll probably start another topic on the Octoprint issues so these don't get all mixed up.
Marlin 1.1.9 has had problems with almost every install I have seen, when I installed it did not function correctly.
Knowing this previous to installing I had already setup Marlin 1.1.9BF and flashed. This version worked until I finally flashed Marlin 2.0.0

Setting up The Web Cam in Octoprint is simple and there is a list of plugins you can install just for the Web Cam I use Octolapse, TimeLapse.
See your next post in the Octoprint's section.

Return to “Creality Large Scale 3D Printers”