Ender 3 Pro Firmware Reset

Creality brand 3D Printers!
Eldrod
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ender 3 Pro

Ender 3 Pro Firmware Reset

Post by Eldrod »

New user so I hope someone can provide a solution. I just got an Ender-3 Pro and tried to upgrade the firmware. It appears I have the V4.2.2 board that does not have the 6-pin adapter needed for most all of the firmware upgrade videos I've watched. I tried using the Ender-3 Pro_32bit_Marlin2.0.1-V1.0.1_BL Touch.TMC2208_Latest Firmware_0814.rar file. I don't have a BL Touch yet and after looking at an install video, I don't think you can plug it into the V4.2.2 board anyway.
After that upgrade installed on my printer, I now can't do anything with it -- I can't even get it to home much less print. I tried installing a different firmware without BL Touch from the Creality website, won't install over the other one. I have tried other Ender 3 Pro firmware versions and have renamed the bin files, etc., but can't get the Ender 3 Pro to load the other firmware anymore. Creality support has been nonexistent.
I seem to own an expensive brick now.
Is there any way to roll back or reinstall the original firmware? Thanks!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Ender 3 Pro Firmware Reset

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Eldrod
Reactions:

Post by Eldrod »

Yes, I read through that today. However, I can't get my EP3 to reload any new firmware from the SD card now. I've tried multiple times and it just restarts to the Ender Logo and doesn't seem to notice any bin files on the SD card.
Eldrod
Reactions:

Post by Eldrod »

RESOLVED: Someone else suggested I load copy the firmware from a FAT formatted SD cards instead of the 64GB exFAT I was using. After I copied the bin file to the original 8GB Creality SD card, the new firmware loaded. So although the first firmware update loaded from my 64GB card, the other version required the smaller FAT formatted version. Hope this helps someone else.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

SD cards need to be formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. Most PCs default to EXFAT or NTFS.

I use only SD card format programs to ensure compatibility.
SDFormatter v4
Rufus
phranch
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality

Post by phranch »

It's been a long time but I hope someone will see this and reply. I have the same problem and would like to reset the firmware. I am using an 8gb card formatted with an SD card program but without any luck. Has anyone found a way to reset?
AGMCK11
Reactions:

Post by AGMCK11 »

I had similar problems and eventually realised I had a dud SD Card. The one shipped with the machine can be a bit suss!

Return to “Creality Large Scale 3D Printers”