Resin buying question - Bulk buying?

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
rznamer
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): AnyCubic Photon Mono

Resin buying question - Bulk buying?

Post by rznamer »

Does anywhere know if or where SLA UV Resin can be purchased in bulk for a discount? I've been looking everywhere and can't find anywhere to get a discount for buying multiple 1KG jugs of resin, or in sizes bigger than 1KG in general.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Resin buying question - Bulk buying?

Post by LePaul »

How do you like that Photon?

I thought Zyltech sold larger containers

https://www.zyltech.com/2x-zyltech-tran ... color-kit/
rznamer
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): AnyCubic Photon Mono

Post by rznamer »

Love it, such an easy transition from being a beginner.

I was hoping for something larger than those containers actually. Was thinking maybe there was a bulk discount for buying a bunch of the 1 KG containers.
oshb5
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): None as yet

Post by oshb5 »

Hello

First of all sorry to crash your post but you said the Photon was so easy after being a beginner Can I ask was it your second printer? And if so do you think it would suit a beginner as their first printer. As iv got the money for a printer and wash setup. But did not want to buy a smaller printer just to find that I wished Id had bought the larger one first if you know what I mean Allso even if for any reason I did not like this part of the hobby it would be a lot easier to sell as the market as a glut of small starter unit?
Anyway thank you

Best regards Osh
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

Hi
I have an Anycubic Photon, not the "S". I already had a filament printer for a couple of years. The resin printer is very different, there was not much that I had learned that I could use on the resin printer. The Photon has a large following on Face book so help is always at hand. There are many Youtube videos on setting up using supports etc.
I would say for a beginner as long as you have patients at the start it's a good printer. I would like a bigger one sometime but I'll have to wait. If I have larger prints I still have my other printer. You can always split a print in 2 and glue the 2 parts together afterwards.
The main question about size is, what will you use it for.
I hope this helps.

Lez
oshb5
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): None as yet

Post by oshb5 »

I dont know if this would help but the makers warehouse are doing this deal below at the moment so is like a free pot with every 5 you buy?

Get 20% OFF 5 Rolls of PLA Filament or 5 Bottles of Creality Resin

regards Andy
Paul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Markforged X7

Post by Paul »

Hey, excuse the sales-y post but I found your question on Google and wanted to reach out. You can buy DSM and Loctite resins here, https://shop.wurthindustry.com/collections/resins and we offer 10% off on Resins if you do a subscription. Not sure whether that's the volume you're looking but wanted to leave this here.
Frank223
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa i3 MK3S

Post by Frank223 »

Lez0 wrote: November 18th, 2021, 2:04 am Hi
I have an Anycubic Photon, not the "S". I already had a filament printer for a couple of years. The resin printer is very different, there was not much that I had learned that I could use on the resin printer. The Photon has a large following on Face book so help is always at hand. There are many Youtube videos on setting up using supports etc.
I would say for a beginner as long as you have patients at the start it's a good printer. I would like a bigger one sometime but I'll have to wait. If I have larger prints I still have my other printer. You can always split a print in 2 and glue the 2 parts together afterwards.
The main question about size is, what will you use it for.
I hope this helps.

Lez
Hi and thank you for sharing! What do you think about Mono and Vyper? I've heard a lot about Photon but are there any similar options(source)?
Thanks
Last edited by Frank223 on April 17th, 2022, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

I looked the other day to see what Anycubic were selling. They now have a range of larger printers. The one thing I done like is that the top lifts off, mine is hinged. It means more space needed, I don't have a lot. I like the look of how the top plate is held with screws. A lot more positive than the ball arrangement on the Photon.
Prices have dropped so I'm seriously looking for the next larger resin printer.
Lez

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”