A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

Post by LePaul »

As someone who lives in a large lobster producing state (Maine)....I don't understand Sweden's stance on this...maybe some natives can enlighten me :)

http://www.dw.com/en/switzerland-bans-b ... a-42104175
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by jonnybischof »

Switzerland is not Sweden!!! ;)

Our politics are particularly dumb lately. Maybe because there's particularly dumb politicians around.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Opps....Switzerland!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Do not believe that there ever were any smart politicians. They were elected to do their best for the people. Only to become self serving.
And a special place in hell will be created just for them.
jonnybischof
Reactions:

Post by jonnybischof »

Roberts_Clif wrote: January 13th, 2018, 7:49 am Do not believe that there ever were any smart politicians. They were elected to do their best for the people. Only to become self serving.
And a special place in hell will be created just for them.
We do actually get good ones in Switzerland from time to time. But they usually get bullied out by the others because they mess up their cosy place of nonsense and stupidity :)
shurik
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2

Post by shurik »

You guys simply do not realize how good/smart/whatever your politicians are. It is all relative. Look at ours and enjoy yours. :-)
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Yes but even that does not last very long. Never said our politicians could not be worse. But it is a proven fact power corrupts an absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Changing the subject.

I tell you that trying to setup a SD card from Window 7 Pro for OctoPrint is a real pain. Format fails to work in the linux partition and will not correctly.
Then you need to start from scratch, in this crazy loop until you get the one format that works with octoprint. Can connect with Putty make changes but will not boot the browser screen.

Finally got my Octoprint's working perfect with web cameras every thing working, then it died again took all day yesterday with no success .Today I got one to work after Using MiniTool Partition wizard Home Edition and reformatting the SD card.
jonnybischof
Reactions:

Post by jonnybischof »

The SD card formatter tool from the SD card association (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/) is said to be THE tool to format SD cards correctly and make them usable for whatever camera / robot / embedded platform you need.

It's simple, no license or ad BS and I have never had any SD card issues ever since I've been using it instead of Wind'oh (aka Windoof for those who understand German) to format the cards.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Well I've been upgrading the photo equipment, better lighting, new microphone, better editing...so the new YouTube channel for Where Nerdy is Cool has been doing OK. If you haven't seen my content, check it out...Subscribe! :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUVNmN ... OcA/videos
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

What? No more 'dishes' in the background? :P

Seriously, looks great. How do you like the T7i? I'm thinking of upgrading from my (now ancient) T1i.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

So far I am really loving it, the focus system is amazing. My T3i is a good camera but manual focus in video was a real drawback. I'm too animated/move around to much for my manual focus attempts to work 100%

There's not much price differences between the T7i and the SL2, and there's countless videos courting the pros and cons of each. I did a video on why I chose it over the SL2. Basically it's a logical move up from what I have now and the 45 point focus system that each share in VIDEO are not shared for photography. And call me crazy but that's a big deal for a DSLR Camera :) Sure, the SL2 is 0.18 pounds lighter and some of these guys think that's a huge weight savings for vlogging. Really? Must have skinny arms! But the access point for the SD card is in the battery bay, so if your camera spends a lot of time on a tripod, this would get annoying quickly.

Here's the video....

LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Happy Monday friends....what's everyone been up to?
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

Just started the 5th batch of custom brackets for work (they bought me 2 spools of Hatchbox Black PLA so why not). Other than that, spent the weekend cleaning house and watching the NFL championships. Eagles vs Patriots, could be interesting.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Patriots game was quite the come back, hope Gronk is okay after that helmet hit he took

I just cleaned up the blob mess I had on my Ultimaker 2+ A print came off a few passes into it and the nozzle just rammed into all that filament...made a mess inside the hot end (fan shroud, heater block). Heating the hot end up and wiping down got some of it down...brass brush really did a nice job on the rest.

That bed has a brand new PEI sheet on it and I just can't seem to get my bed leveling just right using it. Maybe it's so reflective and that's throwing me off? I think I'll use a sheet of paper instead of the Ultimaker index calibration card and get the nozzle closer.

Return to “General Discussion”