A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

Post by LePaul »

The channel has been doing really well on both Views and Watch Time. Getting Subscribers is a bit tougher but we went from zero to 215 in about a year.

Learning the way Search Engine Optimization works, the search algorithm and so on isn’t impossible! You have to recall YouTube is the second biggest search engine out there. And there’s some good apps that can help you craft your title, description and keywords very well!

I’m completely impressed how bigger channels generate impressive numbers. Thousands of views per day and hundreds of new subscribers. Someday!
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

A new member of the family

This is Theodore and he is 4 months old. He’s been foster cared for a few weeks and in need of a home. Now Molly has a new playmate.
6BF132FB-C366-4B96-BEA9-5FCEBCA6CEA5.jpeg
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by jonnybischof »

LePaul wrote: March 9th, 2018, 6:31 pm The channel has been doing really well on both Views and Watch Time. Getting Subscribers is a bit tougher but we went from zero to 215 in about a year.

Learning the way Search Engine Optimization works, the search algorithm and so on isn’t impossible! You have to recall YouTube is the second biggest search engine out there. And there’s some good apps that can help you craft your title, description and keywords very well!

I’m completely impressed how bigger channels generate impressive numbers. Thousands of views per day and hundreds of new subscribers. Someday!
Getting anywhere from zero is impressive! It means some people cared for it even though your videos don't show up in any recommended or promoted views to random people (yet ;) ).
Best of luck and success with your channel! I think you're doing quite well with the new equipment and content.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I've read and watched so many videos about creating content...it's really quite enlightening.

I still find myself out of breath (anxious) when I turn that camera on and start talking...I used to do a script, but I don't like feeling like I am trying to "read" to the viewer. I've opted to stick to topic points, which helps me stay on track. Post Production is where I'm trying to improve. Some effects I can do but I try not to be like a kid using a web editor for the first time...lot's of different fonts, flashing graphics, etc! I just want to retain the viewers interest and keep it fun.

There are a lot of YouTube channels I really like but on many of their videos, I find myself clicking around to stay interested (since they don't stay on topic) :)

What do you think of music tracks? On some, I can see them as useful and fun. But for some things, I find them very distracting.
reibuehl
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by reibuehl »

Very distracting in most cases in my opinion - unless you will switch to producing dance videos or make-up tips in the future, then music might work :-P
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Well a good example is Tom's 3D, he had a few videos where he had the music going .... and his videos are very technical, which I like! But with that beat box music going....I just couldn't do it.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Posted a new video...new PC arrived. It's not the super-powerful PC I would like to build...but with the budget I had ($1350), the Lenovo should certainly be an improvement over my old laptop!

And...I detail how the channel is doing and what's on the schedule for upcoming videos!

LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

You crazy kids all got quiet!
jonnybischof
Reactions:

Post by jonnybischof »

Lots of stuff to do here... I've been really busy these days and will continue to be for some time.
I've taken up my FPGA 3D printer controller design again, but I'm still not sure if it will ever see the light of day. So much new stuff going on lately...
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Seems the revival of the Ultimaker forum made things quiet here!
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

Sorry, I was 250 miles away helping my mother clean out her shop since last Friday. It was a major undertaking. When my back is better, I'll get more active.
shurik
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2

Post by shurik »

That's what I do these days - another hand for a 4.5-years old girl.
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1572.JPG
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Nice!

I've printed one of those and need to assemble it
jonnybischof
Reactions:

Post by jonnybischof »

Those e-nable models keep getting better and better! Looks much more advanced than the thing I printed ~2 years ago..
reibuehl
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by reibuehl »

Did anybody here convert an UM2 to 1.75mm? If so, maybe have a look at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=934. Maybe you can help me.

Return to “General Discussion”