Cannot Believe EveryOne is on Stay At Home Orders

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Cannot Believe EveryOne is on Stay At Home Orders

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I cannot Believe Everyone is on Stay At Home Orders. With the Forums looking like Ghost Towns.

It seems that with everyone home this site would be overwhelmed with new posts.
With all the new posts we should be able to learn everything in a few weeks about 3D Printers.

Yet here we are with minūte new posts on Any forum for what seems like forever...
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Cannot Believe EveryOne is on Stay At Home Orders

Post by GrueMaster »

Sorry. While I am staying home, I am still working. 90% of my job can be done remotely (installing new hardware in the rack requires office time, but everything else is remote). Plus, we're in the tail end of a major release push. My workdays are ~7:30am - dinner, with a few meetings after 9pm with our India team. So my only time here is in the morning while I wait for my coffee to brew.

Weekends have been full steam on finishing my current remodel project, while my printers collect dust.
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

I work from home so I am OK. I have more time for new projects as we are in lockdown here in Spain. I have just finish a fixed steady for a Unimat lathe. Don't worry if you don't know want that is. The trouble is, touch wood, everything is going OK at the moment. I will be stripping down my 3D printer and putting in new linear bearings to reduce the noise. I think you may be hearing from me then, good or bad.

Keep safe, keep your distance.

Lez
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Lez0 wrote: April 21st, 2020, 4:40 am I will be stripping down my 3D printer and putting in new linear bearings to reduce the noise.
I think you may be hearing from me then, good or bad.
I find that some bearing are full of debris and replacing with them makes the 3D Print worse.

Here is a Great Bearing Cleaning video
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I'm working from home and then every few hours, changing out 5 printers for their next load of ear savers for COVID

I wish I knew how to drive more people into the forums I include the link in all my YouTube videos!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I hear you @LePaul

Though the forum has lots of really good material maybe they found their solutions in one of the posts...
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

I saw this video a while back, yes it amazing the muck that came out of the bearings.
The printer runs OK, it's the other half (wife) that make the most noise when the printer is working, even though it's in the garage ;-)

Return to “General Discussion”