will rubbing alcohol work for cleaning prints?

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
shubhammandhre
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): flashforge adventurer 3

will rubbing alcohol work for cleaning prints?

Post by shubhammandhre »

i know someone asked this the other day, but would rubbing alcohol work? not even due to corona, but in general, it’s hard to come across 99% IPA in canada. the only thing i readily have access to is rubbing alcohol, acetone, and 50% alcohol. which can all be bought at a dollar store for 3$ per 500ml i think.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: will rubbing alcohol work for cleaning prints?

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I purchased some it was the Green rubbing alcohol,, and no 50% alcohol will not work.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol.
broderp
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality Ender 3 PRO, LD-002R

Post by broderp »

Corona has made IPA impossible to get or way to expensive. The bottles that were once $1 at the local drug store are no where to be found and on line prices are as high as $40 for the same amount. This led me to search for alternatives. I found this very helpful video:

I have been using Simple Green purchased from Sams Club on line:
https://www.samsclub.com/p/simple-green ... roduct_1_1

The product is concentrated so I dilute it with distilled water. (50/50) My prints are put into a sonic cleaner for about 5 minutes with the Simple Green solution. I then rinse them in warm water before water curing them in my UV chamber. I'm still developing the process, but so far prints come out clean, cured and smell good to boot. :-D
Mr SNG
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): hictop auto leveling desktop 3d printer prusa i3

Post by Mr SNG »

I'm in the UK and purchased 10 litres of IPA from Hexeal. You couldn't buy the stuff 4 or 5 months ago, but thankfully its avaliable now and even better the price has come down.

Thinking of buying another 10 litres in case there is another spike! ;-)

https://hexchemonline.co.uk/collections ... 2047399174
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

I put my cloudy IPA in the sun and let the particles settle. You can then filter out the gunk and you have fresh IPA to use again. I make it last a lot longer.

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”