water washable resin and warpage

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
The Resinator R-!000
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): monoprice UV resin mini

water washable resin and warpage

Post by The Resinator R-!000 »

I have a Monoprice Mini UV resin printer. I used the resin it came with and found it to be very messy and the cleaning with alcohol and stuff was just too fumey and donning an apocalypse gas mask wasn't for me. I read about water washable resin and bought some. I love it!! The problem Im having is when I cure prints that are very thin (2mm) for doors and such, they seem to warp. Does anyone know is that because of the water wash resin? better yet is there a fix?
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: water washable resin and warpage

Post by Lez0 »

Hi
I have been using an Anycubic Photon resin printer for over a year.
At first I used the Anycubic Red resin that came with the printer, it was smelly and I had problems printing.
I changed to Elegoo ABS like grey, this doesn't smell as much and I get better prints.
I just started using Anycubic clear and this gives me better print results, I have printed a 1mm pitch thread that works. I also printed some thin wall sections.
All the above being cleaned with IPA. I have the printer in a well ventilated garage and wear gloves but no mask.
It depends how the print is positioned in the printer. If the walls are vertical they will print better than at an angle.
One other thing, for prints that might warp during curing I put them in a glass jar filled with water and leave them in the sun.
Sorry I can't help you on the water based resins.
Lez

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”