Frustrated newbie ready to toss his printer out a window

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: Frustrated newbie ready to toss his printer out a window

Post by Lez0 »

On my filament printer I couldn't print a job, tried 3 times and it kept showing 0% progress and nothing moved.
I reformatted the card and all worked OK. I don't understand it either.
Lez
Solannis
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anycubic Photon Mono X 6K

Post by Solannis »

Ah. Gotcha. My printer is definitely making it's way through (thinking it is) printing all the layers. I am not getting any errors or missing layers. Well, I guess that's not entirely true: I'm missing ALL the layers, but that's different than intermittent missing layers or a halt/no progress anywhere in the print process. As far as the printer is concerned, all is good all the way through the print, from start to finish. I am just not getting anything as a result. But it thinks it is doing the right things. Definitely not stuck anywhere.

I submitted a support request to Anycubic. We'll see if they have anything more to add.
gilbert23
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): zortrax

Post by gilbert23 »

Howdy Solannis.
I'll help out you with your concern.
First I figure it very well may be the generic model that is causing the issue. I'll download it and check whether I get any issues.
Have you had a go at printing something different a piece more modest that doesn't require upholds. This will show assuming the model is the issue.
At the point when I request that the product make upholds it puts them in general model, so the model would be lifted from the plate with upholds under it.
At the point when I'm in the workplace I'll let you know what programming I use, you can attempt that to check whether it has an effect.
I have possibly at any point cleaned my FEP film when a print fizzles. I leave the pitch in the tank and put a cover on it. My most memorable FEP must be supplanted due to an opening. It was in a terrible state yet at the same time created great prints. If I somehow managed to clean it I would utilize a paper towel with liquor on it

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”