Coffee Chat 2022

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Coffee Chat 2022

Post by LePaul »

What's everyone working on?
Any printers you are upgrading?

I just acquired a Lulzbot Taz 6 and that's a very interesting machine. New in 2016 but after some repairs, is printing. I am debating modernizing it.

These things are always a balance. Is it work $XX to make it modern or just buy new?

Let's liven up the forum....say Hello!
Country_Bubba
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Tronxy X5S-400, Ender5

Re: Coffee Chat 2022

Post by Country_Bubba »

This is a rabbithole that can not only produce excellent results depending on your end goal, but a great learning tool of using a combination ideas that may not be available in one place.
You seem to enjoy the 'tinkering' aspect of the hobby and the return for the buck as an education value is priceless.
It also allows you to use time at home instead of chasing all around the countryside burning up expensive energy in one form or another and have not much to show for it.
I say go for the "modernizing" of it.

Country
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

That's something I enjoy doing. I had someone contact me who has an old Ultimaker 2 that has some minor issues. That would be neat to upgrade to a 32 bit board , a robust hot end and even bed leveling sensor!
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

I'm working on a strange project.
A local young guy asked if I would help with there social club as they were preparing for the towns fiesta, I said yes.
He want me to make 3 trophies for the parade, they logo is a frog drinking and smoking a spliff!
The awards are Padel, Poker, and Drinking.
It's going to be fun designing these trophies, makes a change from my normal work.
Lez
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Lez0 wrote: June 18th, 2022, 12:58 pm I'm working on a strange project.
A local young guy asked if I would help with there social club as they were preparing for the towns fiesta, I said yes.
He want me to make 3 trophies for the parade, they logo is a frog drinking and smoking a spliff!
The awards are Padel, Poker, and Drinking.
It's going to be fun designing these trophies, makes a change from my normal work.
Lez
Oh i get asked to do all sorts of unusual prints, so those types of things keep you sharp. And always learning!
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Well the Lulzbot is interesting. The Cura version they have has some pre-made profiles for some interesting materials.

As soon as I replace the X carriage and bed (with Wham Bam), its on to a better hot end!
Country_Bubba
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Tronxy X5S-400, Ender5

Post by Country_Bubba »

This sounds like an interesting video series on what is done, why and how!

Return to “General Discussion”