Ender 5 pro parts cooling fan always on

Creality brand 3D Printers!
bullseye1x
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): ender 3 pro, v2, 5 pro

Ender 5 pro parts cooling fan always on

Post by bullseye1x »

My Ender 5 pro has the parts cooling fan go on when the printer is turned on and stays on until the printer is turned off. The heat sink fan is controlled by the G code as well as the control box. It's like the fans are switched. They are connected to the proper spots on the control board and would be hard to mix up since they have different connection methods. The printer has a 4.2.7 board and the firmware was downloaded from the creality site and it's the correct one for a BL Touch. I have changed the 4.2.7 board with another 4.2.7 and have redownloaded the firmware many times and still have the same problem. Does anyone have any idea as to what would be causing this? I have been using it this way for a long time and doesn't seem to be causing any issues with my prints but it absolutely drives me nuts. Unfortunately I didn't notice if this issue was present with the stock board in place before I upgraded and added the BL Touch.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Ender 5 pro parts cooling fan always on

Post by LePaul »

You shouldn't have control of the heat sink fan at all. It should be wired as always on.

Sounds like you have something wired wrong.
bullseye1x
Reactions:

Post by bullseye1x »

LePaul, you would think there was incorrect wiring but that's not the case. The yellow and blue wire for the parts fan is plugged into Fan1 on the board and the black and red wires from the heat sink fan are connected to the terminals at the end of the board next to the main power wires. That's why this is so irritating. I'm at a loss.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

That's very weird. And you're using their firmware. Have you checked Reddit or any Ender Facebook groups?
bullseye1x
Reactions:

Post by bullseye1x »

I'm using firmware downloaded from the creality site. I've downloaded and installed the firmware many times with all with the same results. I wish I knew if this issue existed with the original board and stock firmware before I upgraded the board and firmware for the BL touch but I didn't notice at the time. I've tried TH3D firmware and compiling my own but haven't had much luck getting them to work at all. I've only posted in a few forums on this issue so I'll check on Reddit and Facebook to see if I'll have any luck. Thanks for the input.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I wish I had an answer that's why I suggested the FB Group, where there are more ender 3d printer owners
bullseye1x
Reactions:

Post by bullseye1x »

A big thanks again LePaul. I got an answer in a matter of minutes from the Ender 5 FB group. There is a midway junction that the wire connectors were swapped. I feel like an a-hole. LOL
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Don't feel that way! Everyone starts out new at some point!

Return to “Creality Large Scale 3D Printers”