Anycubic photon 4K setup screen protector confusion

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
npomeroy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anycubic photon 4K

Anycubic photon 4K setup screen protector confusion

Post by npomeroy »

There seems some confusion over whether to remove the screen protector film on the new printer. This video from Anycubic support doesn't seem to be clear, especially if you read the comments below it.

My one came with a plastic sheet at the upper layer that has "front" and "back" labels, so it must be "screen protector" not "protective film". According to the diagram and the video the screen protector is below the black frame "shading sticker", but my sheet is above that black frame. Others have observed that the screen protector already installed is thinner than the replacement one supplied, and so I think it is only intended to be temporary protection in factory and handling. So it should be replaced on arrival. But in my case it is above the black frame so I don't think I need to replace that.

Does anyone have a clear explanation of how this is supposed to work?
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Anycubic photon 4K setup screen protector confusion

Post by LePaul »

There's a channel on YouTube called "VOG" that does a lot of Resin Printer reviews....I'd check to see if he has covered this

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”