Filter

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
VonUndZu
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): RepRap, elegoo Mars 3

Filter

Post by VonUndZu »

Hello,
unfortunately I don't currently have the option of ducting the exhaust air from my resin printer to the outside. I have built an airtight closet and would like to install a filter system that gets the air in the closet so clean that it is harmless.

My approach is that I first let the air from a pc fan blow through an activated carbon filter and finally through a hepa filter.
The air would not leave the closet at all.

Do you have experiences, ideas, incentives? Please excuse my English, actually I only speak German.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Filter

Post by LePaul »

I use the 3D Upfitter carbon filter setup on my enclosures for FDM printing

They offer several solutions

https://www.3dupfitters.com/collections ... -and-vents
VonUndZu
Reactions:

Post by VonUndZu »

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately they don't seem to sell filtration systems specifically for MSLA/SLA printers, or only vents that direct the air outside. But I don't have that option.

But I found a document where they deal with the toxins...just need a chemist to translate it for me.
But what I understand of it speaks very much for the fact that my approach is going in the right direction.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I commend you for taking the risks very seriously - that's why my resin printer is in the garage. I can't risk it inside with pets indoors. One drop can do a lot of harm.

Reading the material safety data sheets on the resins is very important, as well as whatever chemicals you intend to clean the models with.

Many do not give these chemicals the respect they deserve. I've seen posts of people winding up in the Emergency Room from resin getting on their skin and causing an autoimmune response.

I'm sure there are devices out there, I use BOFA air filtration devices on my work machines. They are costly but worth it
VonUndZu
Reactions:

Post by VonUndZu »

I once started a chat with the producer of your filter. A filter system was then suggested to me, which is actually very similar to mine in terms of filter properties. Thanks for your tip!

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”