Sidewinder Z-Axis dress up and useful test print

Show us your latest print!
L67GS
Reactions:

Sidewinder Z-Axis dress up and useful test print

Post by L67GS »

Shown here are the Z-Axis supports that I downloaded from somewhere, but the threaded rod, nuts, and washers showed so I used FreeCAD to make some trim pieces to cover the nuts and washers, and they have a recess on the outer end to allow for split loom tubing to cover the threaded rod and tuck into. For the top hardware I thought the toppers to cover the end of the rod and hardware would be neat looking if I kept with the "Artillery" theme and made little rockets. The toppers are shorter than the filament spool holder so they fit easily into my enclosure.
20230202_160140.jpg
20230202_160214.jpg
20230204_052753.jpg
I wanted a test print that had nice flat areas, curves with inside and outside radius, and fillets and chamfers so I could play with slicer settings so I made this simple bookend with a pen cup incorporated into it. Even an ugly bookend is still a bookend so there's no waste from printing a bunch of them!
bookend.png
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Sidewinder Z-Axis dress up and useful test print

Post by LePaul »

Random thought I wanted to share....

I have a machine that has the same sized X axis gantry. I'm trying to find a replacement carriage so I can put a quality hot end on that machine. I think I can use the Artillery sidewinder x carriage.... or even the Sovol ones.
L67GS
Reactions:

Post by L67GS »

LePaul wrote: February 11th, 2023, 6:15 pm Random thought I wanted to share....

I have a machine that has the same sized X axis gantry. I'm trying to find a replacement carriage so I can put a quality hot end on that machine. I think I can use the Artillery sidewinder x carriage.... or even the Sovol ones.
Do you need some measurements and detailed pictures?
Or perhaps make exactly what you want in CAD and print it?
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I just ordered the carriage and motor mount.
L67GS
Reactions:

Post by L67GS »

I tried yesterday to make ABL probes. Took all of 30 seconds to CAD it but I suppose they're too small to print nicely because they don't print smooth even in vase mode. All they are is 2mm X 15mm so I may need to find a source of 2mm plastic rod and just make them the (no fun) old fashioned way with cutters and a file.
Artillery does not sell them without the entire ABL sensor.

Return to “Show off your latest print”