3D printing software

Anything you want to chat about...it doesn't have to be related to 3D printing!
LordNever1969
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): anycubic, anycubic kobra max

3D printing software

Post by LordNever1969 »

I had BuildBee but got screwed over by them. I just want some simple software to run my printer. I don't know how to use my printer without any software and a lot of software is complicated. I am new to the world of 3D printing so any help will be great.
L67GS
Reactions:

Re: 3D printing software

Post by L67GS »

I use Superslicer and love it, it has settings for everything and can save profiles, but the stock profiles worked more than acceptable. It also opens 3MF files from FreeCAD so I don't have to go through the meshing ritual with everything I make in CAD. Can't argue with the price either ;)
juliet
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): hp

Post by juliet »

LordNever1969 wrote: February 27th, 2023, 3:22 pm I had BuildBee but got screwed over by them. I just want some simple software to run my printer. I don't know how to use my printer without any software and a lot of software is complicated. I am new to the world of 3D printing so any help will be great.
There are many software programs available for 3D printing,Aero ranging from free and open-source to paid commercial software. Here are some of the most popular options:

Ultimaker Cura: This is a free, open-source slicing software that is compatible with most 3D printers.

PrusaSlicer: Another free and open-source slicing software that is highly customizable and offers advanced features.

Simplify3D: This is a paid slicing software that offers a range of advanced features, including the ability to optimize print settings for specific models.

Autodesk Fusion 360: This is a professional-grade 3D modeling software that is widely used in engineering and design fields.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

What is your preferred Slicer: Superslicer or Prusaslicer

I currently am using Prusaslicer, though am not sure which has better features.

Should probably incorporate Superslicer in too my slicers, do some extensive testing to determine the best slicer.
L67GS
Reactions:

Post by L67GS »

Superslicer is a fork of Prusaslicer.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Just as PrusaSlicer is a fork of Slic3r, SuperSlicer an Bambu is a fork of the Prusa software, So SuperSlicer is indirectly another form of the original Slic3r

These three forks of Slic3r are different an went their own directions now can boast as independent slicers.

Anyone who have user Slic3r, prusaslicer, Bambu or SuperSlicer knows this, every place you read about these three slicers it is stated.
Being such a long time not using Bambu or SuperSlicer I need to gather more information as too their strengths an weaknesses for my benefits..
After reacquiring said knowledge will post my discoveries or opinions as to which is a better slicer and what each slicer is capable of.

This could be quite interesting.

Return to “Off Topics!”