Opinion on new Prusa MK4?

Discussion of General / RepRap style printers! FDM/FFF printers that aren't gigantic!
botolo
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality Ender 3 v2 Neo

Opinion on new Prusa MK4?

Post by botolo »

Prusa has released their new MK4. Thoughts?

https://blog.prusa3d.com/announcing-ori ... mk4_76585/
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Opinion on new Prusa MK4?

Post by LePaul »

I've never owned a Prusa and have seen many build and love them. The Pro is they are well supported from the company

When I first took my job at the lab, there were 4 MK3S Prusas Another had the multiple material system.

All it would do is fail and jam, over and over.

Looking over the Prusas they had, the print quality of the parts provided where adequate , but certainly not great. That was a real disappointment.

When a board shorted out on the heat bed connector, I had a lot of trouble with support getting what I needed.

Since that printer came out, they market is really saturated with 230 x 230 x 230 (and similar sized) machines I commend them for modernizing their stuff but nothing they demonstrated really made me go "Wow that's cool" And while I don't own a Bambu Labs machine, those guys have a really impressive machine, enclosed, multi-material setup for a tad more...and it's enclosed and filtered.

In short, it struck me as overpriced and a bit underwhelming. Granted, all the Prusa fans will have a new model to drool over. And the predictable YouTube reviewers like 3D Printing Nerd and Tom will rave and drool about it...since I've never seen them say a bad word about their favorite guy.

I just feel a $1000 +/- machine with that print volume is waaay overpriced, no matter how impressive the tech.

But hey, if they want to send one over for a fair review for my channel (Where Nerdy Is Cool), I'd be intrigued to see what the machine can do.

Return to “General / RepRap Printers”