Unhappy with Anycubic customer support

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
BrokenSupport
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anycubic Mono4K

Unhappy with Anycubic customer support

Post by BrokenSupport »

I just endured going through a frustrating experience with Anycubic trying to get them to replace the defective Photon Mono 4x LCD screen that gave out 2 weeks after I ordered it to replace the original consumable one that gave out.

I gave them a detail description of how and when it failed. I included the order number of the replacement LCD screen that failed two weeks after I received it.

I complied with their request to make videos of the detection tests to show the flickering and dead spot that developed. I took a photo of my printer SN number.

But then they tasked me to give them the order number of the original Photon Mono4x printer. I told them I didn't have it, it was given to me as a gift, and besides, the issue was the replacement LCD screen, not the printer itself.

So after they insisted, I gave up and told them to forget it.This is the last response I received from them:

"I will report your situation to the staff on the official website. If the LCD screen is broken after you use it for two weeks, you need to buy a new LCD screen to solve this problem. If you need the purchase link of the LCD screen, please let me know, thank you have a nice day"

So that's how Anycubic supports customers when they get a defective part. They interrogate you like you are a liar, then suggest to buy a new part after the part they sent you fails in 2 weeks. I wish they would just be honest and say they will not make good on any parts we sold you, you are on your own.

I have come to the conclusion that all Chinese 3D resin printers are a crap shoot in regards to consistent quality. From Amazon ratings on Anycublic and Elegoo, it seems at least 7-10% will be broken or defective right out of the box. Another 20-30% will develop issues as time goes by, and never make it to their rated hours before the LCD screen needs to be replaced, like mine.

So it seems any 3D printing brand built in China has a one of three chance of failing. I wish the US built 3d Resin printers and guaranteed them, but all the ones I checked out where heavy duty industrial ones, running into thousands of dollars. I must assume then that inexpensive (200-500) 3D resin printing for the causal hobbyist is rife with chance whether or not they get a printer without quality control issues that will last long enough to get their money's worth of prints before they fail. My only recourse is to order a new printer from Amazon, and print like mad before the Amazon 30 day warranty expires. After that, I have no confidence of receiving replacement for a printer should it die before its time.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Unhappy with Anycubic customer support

Post by LePaul »

That's roughly been my experience with Anycubic.

They offered me a Amazon return of a Anycubic Chiron for cheap. I was hesitant but they assured me if I found any parts of the machine needing replacement, they would cover it. Well, said machine had a gouge in the bed, the bowden tube was cut in half and both hot ends were badly clogged up. When I reported these issues to them, they insisted I fill out a support ticket and so on. They asked for photos and all that stuff. After a lot of back and forth, they said they would not cover the parts and refunded me what I paid, which wasn't a lot.

So I basically got a damaged printer for free, I suppose. But now I had to sort out all the issues.

And....it's still sitting on a storage rack waiting for me to have the time and parts to give it a complete upgrade to something reliable!

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”