Anycubic photon

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
Ofst2000
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anycubic photon

Anycubic photon

Post by Ofst2000 »

Hello I’m definitely a newbie to 3d printing. A couple years ago I bought an anycubic photon resin printer and wash & cure but I got busy put it on the back burner. Fast forward to now and I’m trying to get back into it but it looks like nobody has parts for it anymore, is this the case or are there aftermarket suppliers that I’m missing. My FEP has a hole in it but I think I can just cut a new one of those from a stock piece of material, so that’s not really my concern. The main issue is the lcd and other parts I’ve heard the lcd is a part that goes bad pretty often.
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: Anycubic photon

Post by Lez0 »

Hi.
I also have an Anycubic photon. I've replaced the FEP and also bought 2 trays to use with different resins.
I've had it a few years now and its done loads of prints, I use it for work and home so it gets a lot of use. I think I can still get parts for it here in Spain.
I recently got an Elegoo Saturn 2 as it's much bigger, and quicker.
My advice is to use the Photon until it breaks then look at getting a new one if you can afford it. They have progressed quite a bit over the years, my new printer is not only quicker but gives better quality prints, you notice it on the smaller detailed parts.
By all means keep the Photon any fix it if it breaks, but if you end up doing a lot of prints think about a new printer, I wasn't disappointed.
Lez

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”