V1 Engineering's Piper

Topics of Large-Scale 3D Printers
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: V1 Engineering's Piper

Post by Roberts_Clif » August 4th, 2019, 1:18 pm

I am still looking for a Control case, the one I found is horrible, it is so thin you can virtually see thew it.
And I do not want to waste my time with such a horribly Thin Control case.
Do not in fact believe it would survive very long and provide no controller protection.

I have found some Anwenk 1/4"-20 x 15mm Furniture Screw in Nut Threaded Wood Inserts and have install an placed 32 of the them in the CNC main Deck. This can be used to attach a removable Hot-Bed quickly.

My MPCNC-1.jpg

Now I can fasten anything with a simple clamp that is 3D Printed or CNC milled using many type of material. First I still want to Find a Controller Case.

One NOTE: Because I decided to make my MPCNC so tall, the power cable on the Dewalt must be carefully positioned or it will cause the Z-Axis too bind on the X or Y max borders.
I decided, I need to get My MPCNC running. So for a quick fix I am going to quickly 3D Print this V3.0 Scalar.
There is a few modification that I believe should be made while the good parts print, I can modify the pieces that want changes on.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2402773

Changed the Front Panel to say "My MPCNC" stl Attached.
MyMPCNC_-_ElectronicBox_LCD.stl
(713.56 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Printing a temporary Controller case will then be doing the finishing touches.

Will start with learning how to Use Auto Cad Fusion 360 to setup tool paths for MPCNC.
Knew I had more learning to Do with Fusion 360 Free for hobbyist. Time to get back to YouTube and start learning fast.

I still want to Add a large heated Print Bed and a 1.0mm nozzle this is still in the future.
Electronics Technician / Computer Programmer

Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: V1 Engineering's Piper

Post by Roberts_Clif » August 8th, 2019, 5:52 pm

Hello again;;

I discovered today that the longer Stepper motor cables I purchased from California.
Are in fact being shipped from mainland china, so it will be quite some time before I see the parts if ever.

How is it that E-Bay continues allow this to happen, as many times as we have all complained this should have stop.

May have to buy spares from somewhere else to be able to finish the MPCNC build.
Electronics Technician / Computer Programmer

Return to “Large Scale 3D Printers”