I recently purchased an used 3D printer. I do not know much about 3DP and I am excited but struggling to make sense of everything.
My first issue is with identifying the printer, the person who sold this to me told me it was a Hictop Prusa i3, but he was not sure.... Doing a little digging I believe this is true. I will attach pictures of the boards for confirmation.
Once I believed I had identified the printer, I wanted to make sure I was running the latest firmware ( Probably a mistake, but hey that is how you learn) and this is where my problems started.
Due to my lack of knowledge I went directly to Marlin 2.0 and tried to flash the board without changing any configuration or really nothing at all and now I am unable to use the printer.
I do not know what firmware to download and the ones I have tried do not allow me to control the LCD and I have encountered so far the following:
- I have run into 2 lines of squares
- The whole LCD full of squares
- Only the back light
- Stuck on the main screen with Hictop Website
- Stuck on the main screen with rep rap
- Black screen with continues beeping sound
- Back light with beeping sound after pressing encoder
- And the latest problem I faced is a strange one.. the back light its lit, when I rotate the encoder, the main screen comes on and then back to only the back light on an endless loop
Some pictures of the whole printer for reference as well. Thank you again in advance.