CHITUBOX

broderp
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality Ender 3 PRO, LD-002R

CHITUBOX

Post by broderp »

Anyone using this? I'm surprised there is no section dedicated to it. As a new user I'm looking for information, and not finding it on YouTube.

Anyone have expertise on troubleshooting this resin printer slicer?

Looking for info regarding setting up supports for non-figure/ practical prints, such as gears and other mechanical devices. Its odd that I can slice figures and such Ok with great results but things such as gears seem to fail in some odd ways,

Cheers
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: CHITUBOX

Post by Lez0 »

Hi
For my resin printer I use PrusaSlicer first to import the parts position and add supports. I has a good automatic add supports, but you usually want to edit them and add more. This software is easy to use. I export the part with supports and import it into Chilubox to slice it, again easy to use.
I just use the simple commands and have never looked at any of the options, because I have never needed to.
These 2 pieces of software seem to be the way that a lot of people use them. Give it a try, once you have used them a couple of times it becomes so easy to use.
Lez0
Reactions:

Post by Lez0 »

I now have another 3D resin printer so only use Chitubox for slicing as it can automatically add supports.
But I have a problem with it, it takes ages to save a file, it's OK on short files but I was doing a tall file and it took about a 15 mins to save it, this is after 4 crashes trying to do a save.
It seems it's a common problem with Chitubox.
Lez
Lez0
Reactions:

Post by Lez0 »

I have done gears without any problems, I lay them flat on the bed, no supports. The only problem is the "elephants foot" that you get for the first few layers, This can be resolved by putting a chamfer on that side of the gears
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

broderp wrote: May 19th, 2020, 10:56 pm Anyone using this? I'm surprised there is no section dedicated to it. As a new user I'm looking for information, and not finding it on YouTube.
Interesting suggestion, we just don't see a lot of topics about the resin slicers. At least not until now

Welcome to the forum tho!
Lez0
Reactions:

Post by Lez0 »

Hi replishape.
Thanks for that, I'll have a play around with these settings.
Do you have any recommendations as to what values I should start with?

Return to “Other Slicing programs”