Resin printing fora/hangouts with higher traffic?

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
Buk
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Voxelab Proxima 6.0

Resin printing fora/hangouts with higher traffic?

Post by Buk »

I've had my Voxelab Proxima for ~6 months now and my experiences reflect much of what I have read here. Some prints work great. Other fail for reasons that I can sometimes get to the bottom of; but many times not.

When they work, they are brilliant. But the failures are frustrating.

So, for the last 2 or 3 months I've been scanning around to find somewhere where I can ask questions, exchange experiences etc. with other resin printer owners; but there are few places that are not totally dominated by FDM (to the point where resin is decried; sometime vehemently) and have sufficient contributors and traffic to make them useful.

This subsection of this place is as good as I have found (based on offline reading of problems encountered and solutions offered); but still having read pretty much everything (resin) here, it is pretty low traffic; and when people post problems, the replies are more guesswork than expertise.

Has anyone here found a pool of real expertise for resin printing?
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: Resin printing fora/hangouts with higher traffic?

Post by Lez0 »

Hi and welcome to the website.
I have to admit it sometime seems like a black art printing with thing going wrong for no reason.
Once I got my printer setup correctly and working OK I have never changed anything. The top plate is at a bit of angle but it all works so I have left it.
I use only 2 different types of resin so I use 2 trays, saves on all that cleaning, and only 2 settings in my slicing software.
The main problems seem to come from setting the part up in the Slicing software, getting the part at the right angle, then I add as many supports as I can.
I use a Anycubic Photon, very popular, it has a forum with very little traffic. It also has a facebook page with a lot of traffic, but you can usually find what you need.
Having a FDM printer then going to a resin I had some ideas on how to solve problems, an the patients as well. It took me about 4-6 months to be able to confidently use the Resin printer and now my success rate is about 90%, that includes modelling errors as well.
Don't try and take it all in at once, one step at a time is better, build on what you know and you will get to know your printer. It seems like it's always guidelines and not definite rules. Have fun with the printer, try different ways to see what works best.
I think resin is the way to go as they are more products coming onto the market, and prices are dropping.
We will help you all we can, and I am sure as you gain experience you will be helping others.

Lez
Buk
Reactions:

Post by Buk »

Lez0 wrote: June 24th, 2022, 2:07 am Hi and welcome to the website.
Thanks Lez.
Lez0 wrote: June 24th, 2022, 2:07 am Don't try and take it all in at once, one step at a time is better, build on what you know and you will get to know your printer.
Lez
I'm okay with what I have done so far.

Here are a few of my prints -- boring geometric stuff mostly:
3D prints.png
I'm just looking for a place to discuss problems with people who have greater experience than I do.

This is place seems okay, but just kinda quite. I wondering if anyone here has found anywhere else better?
(I don't do facebook or twitter; so they don't help me.)
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Hi ... i try to get more traffic to the forum but the social media platforms have the population! I know that's where I go for quick answers for the 22 machines I have.

That said, I like the Forum format since it's vastly easier to find/search for answers. And since I run the place since 2018 or so, I like keeping it alive!
Buk
Reactions:

Post by Buk »

LePaul wrote: June 24th, 2022, 10:46 pm Hi ... i try to get more traffic to the forum but the social media platforms have the population! I know that's where I go for quick answers for the 22 machines I have.

That said, I like the Forum format since it's vastly easier to find/search for answers. And since I run the place since 2018 or so, I like keeping it alive!
22 machines! I'm green with envy.

How many of those are resin vs FDM?
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

One resin

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”