Problem with Stratasys uPrint SE plus

Have a problem or question, suggested links/information/FAQ's? Post it here
mattcohen
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Stratasys uPrint SE plus

Problem with Stratasys uPrint SE plus

Post by mattcohen »

Hello all,

We have an issue with our Stratasys uPrint SE plus. The issue first arose when we had to clear a head jam during a print. After purging the head, the operator accidently unloaded the print materials, and from then on, everytime we tried to load the materials (both the support material and print material) it showed an error code that the material was blocked. This occurred on all four material bays. After talking to technical support over the phone, and providing them the .cfg file, they diagnosed the issue as being a faulty drive servo. Meanwhile, we were able to manually load the material by pushing filament into the head as we purged it, and were able to start a print. However, during printing, the printer will only make it about one layer before it shows an error code that the material is jammed in the head. This is requiring us to purge the head after every layer in the print. Obviously, we haven’t sat there in front of the printer doing this.

My question to anyone reading this is: can you corroborate the diagnosis that technical support gave us? Or, is there an easy fix hidden somewhere on the internet?

Thanks.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Problem with Stratasys uPrint SE plus

Post by LePaul »

That's quite a machine, asides YouTube and Google searches, I have nothing
mattcohen
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Stratasys uPrint SE plus

Post by mattcohen »

Thanks LePaul. It is my companies machine. We're looking at buying a new machine anyway, but wanted to fix this one for another department. Our dealer's quote is 3k to come and fix it. :/
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Well sometimes it is well worth it to have experienced staff with certified parts get things running.
Sometimes it comes down to what is YOUR time worth? Or your company's time for that matter.

Return to “General Questions”