Qidi X-Smart Not Reading Hotend Thermocouple Temperature - Please Help

Discussion of General / RepRap style printers! FDM/FFF printers that aren't gigantic!
malikilam
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Qidi X-Smart

Qidi X-Smart Not Reading Hotend Thermocouple Temperature - Please Help

Post by malikilam »

Hello,

I have a Qidi X-Smart printer. It is not reading the temperature of the thermocouple on the hotend, or, rather, the software shows a temperature of 600+ degrees (fahrenheit) whether the thermocouple is connected or not.

Remedies I have tried so far:

1) Replace the theremocouple (first with a generic one from Amazon, then with an OEM replacement from Qidi). Result: No change
2) Replace the breakout PCB board to which the thermocouple connects. Result: No change
3) Re-seat the thermocouple in the hot end. Result: No change
4) Replace the ribbon cable that connects the breakout PCB to the main board. Result: No change
5) Software "factory reset". Result: No change

Prior to experiencing this problem I had a blockage of filament in the hot end. Once I remedied that, the current (thermocouple) problem started.

I took the printer to the local 3d printer repair shop. After a month they hadn't come up with a solution or even a diagnosis, so I took the printer back and tried replacing the parts listed above. I would think if the problem was something obvious, they would have figured it out quickly.

Any help, insight or hypothesis to be tested will be much appreciated.

All the best.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Qidi X-Smart Not Reading Hotend Thermocouple Temperature - Please Help

Post by LePaul »

The reviews I have seen on that machine have rated it poor, at best.

It sounds like you've tried all the reasonable fixes. I would cut your losses and junk it

Return to “General / RepRap Printers”