What am I doing wrong here?

Discussion of General / RepRap style printers! FDM/FFF printers that aren't gigantic!
Dalepenkala
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): FlashForge Adventure 3 Pro

What am I doing wrong here?

Post by Dalepenkala »

Hello Everyone,
1st I’m new here to this forum and 3d printing in general, but I’ve tryed to do my do diligence before posting this problem. I’m sure you experienced guys will know this issue right off the bat. Most of my last prints have been pretty successful in general terms in then the prints are usable but I’m really trying to get this particular issue figured out. My foundation I think is great at least from what I know but when the printer starts this 1st layer it gets this horrible buckling and lifts up as like its not adhearing to the foundation. I’ve adjusted temp’s, layer heights, releveled my table even adjusted my Z offset and I just can’t seem to get beyond this problem. I’m using PLA, with a temp setting of 220/225º and this is what I’m getting

Any advice as to what settings I need to adjust in my slicing software (which is Flash Print) would be helpful and very much appreciated!

Merry Christmas to All!

Dale
Attachments
1CE8EFC1-1A38-49C9-BEEA-FBD7D62C2473.jpeg
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: What am I doing wrong here?

Post by LePaul »

That's a really high temp for PLA. I would suggest doing a temperature tower and judge the best temp by the results.

Printing too hot will give you those waves

If you haven't seen this before, give this guide a look over

https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html
Dalepenkala
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): FlashForge Adventure 3 Pro

Post by Dalepenkala »

Thank you for this. I’ve never done a temp tree but I’ll have to figure out how thats done.

Sorry for the late response!

Dale
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

His guides [Teaching Tech] are really excellent.

Long story short - there's way more to printing that loading filament and guessing the right temp!

Ask away if you have more questions.

Return to “General / RepRap Printers”