Anycubic S firmware crash

Printer firmware discussion
nomogo
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): anycubic

Anycubic S firmware crash

Post by nomogo »

Hi all,

I tried to update firmware from 1.2 to 1.5 from anycubic site. After update and restart I tried to align the bed, went to go to home menu and print head immediately went to the right, crashed into the right pillar and got stuck there while making a horrible screeching noise.

I did try reading up on knutwurst vs davidramiro / marlin etc, but I then I realized that I just don't have a spare life to invest into this thing.

While I do applaud all of you that successfully invested your time into 3D printing, I would very much appreciate a hint if it's even possible to flash this anycubic back to stock function, or if the micro step motor is already ruined.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Anycubic S firmware crash

Post by LePaul »

I've become a fan of the Reddit groups, so you might start there. Or the Facebook group if you have social media

You could also check the Anycubic site and I believe they offer some level of support, so you could check there for the stock or latest version of the firmware for that model
nomogo
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): anycubic

Post by nomogo »

LePaul wrote: April 15th, 2023, 1:20 pm I've become a fan of the Reddit groups, so you might start there. Or the Facebook group if you have social media

You could also check the Anycubic site and I believe they offer some level of support, so you could check there for the stock or latest version of the firmware for that model
No worries, I'm going to let this one go. I did flash firmware that worked, the menu still shows 1.2.2, but from my current experience this entire consumer level 3d printing thing is a hobby to tinker with, not a technology that produces results. I just needed to print some solid part prototypes to test fitment tolerances and I didn't know that consumer 3d printing is a cult thing. I'm giving back the printer to the guy I borrowed it from, and the funniest thing is that he doesn't even want the spools of filament that I bought for it. From his feedback I kind of got that he had a similar experience of wasting a boat load f time on trying to make it work, and then he shelved it the same way I'm shelving it now.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

If you want professional quality, you'll want to consider quality equipment. Anycubic certainly isnt that.
Id look at machines like the Bambu Labs, Prusa or Ultimaker

Return to “Firmware”