Problems with delta skewing prints

Aurasphere
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Trinity, EH3d, Tevo, Creality, Elegoo

Problems with delta skewing prints

Post by Aurasphere »

Hi All
Have been away from printing etc and just getting back on board.
Main machine is a Trinity XL delta (400mm x 600mm h). Its worked well in the past soI started doing some tile prints (ie 200mm square by 25mm h). Did a bed level before I started and notice the be adjustment was like the plate was slope...anyway I let the print proceed as previously it was good enough for draft/test...
The print was actually really skewed/warped (not from heat!...not talking layer shift, I mean skewed like I have never seen before
Skew.jpg
Its meant to be square

SO

I did a frame check and noticed it was out a little out. I double checked and as previously, I would find if I was doing really tall prints, that the ringing would increase so I committed to adding stays to the frame with turnbuckles; which means you can really tweak the alignment well and remove practically all frame instability, which I did.
I just checked the bed again...I adjusted it to start with by being absolute right angle to the plate from each tower (which it is reasonably)...and noticed the plate was warped a little but with a straight edge...its not dramatic enough for the following
I then ran my manual calibrations and chose the smallest gap as zero (Towers B-C midpoint) and WOW, the other 2 cal points are like 5mm above the plate!

HELP...delta guru required :-)

BTW I have measured heights etc with large verniers and the frame seems to be fine
I did send a G500 to resave new Z height when I was first calibrating
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Problems with delta skewing prints

Post by LePaul »

M500 is the command to save to EEPROM

Return to “General Large Scale Printer Area”