3D printing safety

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
Proflemoi
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality CR-10S Pro V2

3D printing safety

Post by Proflemoi »

Hello All,

Being a newbie to the 3D printing world I wanted to start by asking a few basic questions about safety. Firstly, I will be eventually working on some projects that will take quiet some time to print, 14 hours plus... I can't say I like the idea about leaving a 3D printer on unattended for that period of time. I have a CNC machine I used frequently and I never am far away when it is running.... so any input on how best to deal with the long print issue would be a HUGE help and relief. Can you pause printing and come back to it? Most projects I will do will be with sun PLA PRO (PLA+) filament on my Creality CR-10S Pro V2.

Fire safety.... what are you doing here?

Fume issues.... I just read an interesting article about the possible hazards with fumes coming from printing projects. Other than keeping this machine running in a well vented space, what are you guys doing?

Any help will be much appreciated!

ProfL
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: 3D printing safety

Post by LePaul »

Remote monitoring is a good start, something like Octoprint with the Obico plugin
Safety Enclosure to contain the print so you aren't spreading fumes throughout your home.
Proper ventilation, either outside or filtration, using something like a BOFA device
Fire safety, I use WhamBamSystems The Cloud. I also use BlazeCut devices as well.

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”