CR10-S5 Update help!

Topics of Large-Scale 3D Printers
genetho71
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): cr10-s5

CR10-S5 Update help!

Post by genetho71 »

Hello, hoping I can get some help on an old cr10-s5 that I have recently acquired. I just updated the board to the silent version https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518326 ... cification and also added a bltouch at the same time. Both are installed but now trying to figure out how to update the software. It has a 2560 chip, so I assumed it has a bootloader? Is there a way I can tell? I've tried to connect to my Windows 10 PC and it beeps like it connected and then beeps again like it disconnected. The board flashes blue for a couple of seconds then lights go out on the board. Since this is a 8 bit board I from what I understand I need to have the pc connected to the printer so I can do the update, but that doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: CR10-S5 Update help!

Post by LePaul »

Let's start with the basics, what is the version number on the motherboard?
genetho71
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): cr10-s5

Post by genetho71 »

Sorry for the late reply, was away for a while. I was able to get the firmware installed I needed to add a bootloader and that FINALLY allowed me to install marlin 2.1.2.1. The board I updated to was in the link in the original post, it is the "Ender5 PLUS Control Board V2.2 Silent Mainboard." Now I'm trying to get bltouch installed and it seems there are multiple different types of bltouch's(original and knockoff) with different color wiring. I bought the original antilabs bltouch that has the brown, orange, red and white and black wires. I watched this video: and it looks like the board I have and says it's a 2.2 and the problem everyone in the past seemed to have was the z axis being swtiched polairty, but the bltouch I received doesn't lock down in the slot for the white and black wires so I can switch it without having to pull out the pins and switch them. The video I linked must be using a knockoff(earlier version?) since the wires are blue yellow and red. Most place I see say the red should be on the ouside closest to the enclosure wall. The red wire on my bltouch is in the middle? Anyone have this board and used a bltouch that can tell me how to wire it? I'm not getting the pin to move up and down or at all on the bltouch.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Yeah the BL Wire connectors and the board connector (usually JST style) can be an issue. I test it out then when i know everything is working, use some hot glue to secure it in place.

I have those machines and soon will be installed SKR Mini E3 v3's since I have had such good luck with them

Is that really a BL Touch or a CR Touch?

I don't have that board but a quick search on Reddit brought up this thread that might be useful?

Return to “Large Scale 3D Printers”