Anycubic Photon Mono 2

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
legepe
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anycubic Photon Mono 2

Anycubic Photon Mono 2

Post by legepe »

Hi everyone!
Brand new here and to 3d printing of any kind
Ive just bought the Anycubic Photon Mono 2, wash and cure station, and water based resin from Amazon and I am expecting delivery of it today
Im looking to print some small components for a project I am working on (roughly 7mm to 12mm)
From what I can work out is that the water based resin is very brittle once cured, Can anyone recommend a strong/tough resin that has a slight amount of flex?
I am going to have to design myself the components i need to print. Does the software that comes with the printer (Photon Workshop) allow me to do this? and is it any good? If not, are there any other design software programs (preferably free) that anyone can recommend
Is it necessary to have the wash and cure station? and is it necessary to further cure objects that have come out of the printer once printed?
Any advice very much appreciated
Thanks
legepe
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: Anycubic Photon Mono 2

Post by Lez0 »

I use Elegoo ABS like resin, It has a bit of flex in it. I have a sealed container for the alcohol (97%) that I use to clean the prints and I cure them in the sun, I live in Spain. Take off any supports before you cure them, it's easier that way. Don't forge to wear gloves.
I don't know about Photon Workshop, but I doubt you will be able to design parts with it.
Tinkercad, Freecad and Blender are all free. I've not used Tinkercad but I understand it's easy to use.
Lez

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”